This research focuses are driven by the clinical challenge of providing the best motor rehabilitation through the use of virtual reality. We look to achieve this through research in Virtual Reality, Artificial Intelligence, Human Computer Interaction and Neuroergonmics.
The main clinical research line is around motor rehabilitation from a number of different disoriders including stroke, cerebral palsy, brain injury and dystonia. Computationally, the group main expertise lays in Probabilistic Graphical Models, which is core to to the adaptability module. However in developing the Gesture Therapy platform other topics from computational sciences are also researched actively and applied to motor rehabilitation:
- Virtual Reality for environment development
- Artificial Intelligence and Probabilistic Graphical Models responsibles for adaptability and customizability
- Human Computer Interaction in the form of serious games and socially affective systems
Finally a recent research line from neurosciences has been added :
- Neuroergonomics searching to improve the Gesture Therapy platform design to boost behavioural outcome
- National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics and Electronics (INAOE)
- National Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery (INNN)
- National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM)
Opportunities for research
- For students: If you are interested in follow a master or a doctoral degree in a topic related to the platform, please contact Dr. Luis Enrique Sucar.
- For Investigators: If you are interested in collaborating with us in any of the above topics, please contact Dr. Luis Enrique Sucar.